Lincoln School, located in Martin Park, was established in 1880 to provide education to African-American children in the Canton area. It served as a school until 1955 when all children began attending the public school. It is only one of a handful of red brick schoolhouses left and serves as a tribute to rural education in this country. Funds are currently being collected to restore the building.
School photos courtesy of Don Sykes.